Full Job Description
CancerCare Manitoba, located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada is a provincial agency which provides clinical and academic services and leadership for cancer control and the treatment of blood disorders.
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
We invite applications for the position of:
Unit Clerk – Repost
Department of Nursing – MacCharles
Term, Full-time (1.0 EFT)
Maternity/ Parental Leave
ASAP – March 17, 2023 (may expire with 2 weeks’ notice)
Competition #: 16-22-713505516
Reporting to the Unit Manager, the Unit Clerk performs a variety of clerical tasks, supportive functions for patient and staff, and the Department. The incumbent ensures the care and comfort of patients as well as routine cleanliness of the clinical environment. Personal protective equipment (PPE) and training are provided.
- Successful completion of a recognized Health Unit Clerk course
- Basic Computer skills
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks e.g. pushing carts with patient charts
- Satisfactory employment record
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
Will be assessed during the interview process:
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English comprehension with both written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to stressful situations
Will be assessed during the testing process:
- Computer keyboarding skills of 30 wpm
- Proficient medical terminology (70% pass rate)
- Previous experience in an ambulatory clinic and or in-patient care setting
- Ability to speak French
Salary: As per CUPE Collective Agreement
Closing Date: July 12, 2022
Proof of English 40S or equivalent proof of English proficiency maybe required during the selection process.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
CancerCare Manitoba is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environment. If you are contacted by CancerCare Manitoba regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if accommodation measures must be taken to enable you to apply and be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority