$22.32–$27.90 an hour
Full Job Description
Open: July 2, 2022
Deadline: July 8, 2022
Nursing Professional Practice
This Administrative Assistant-Department provides day-to-day administrative support to the Nursing Professional Practice team. This role supports numerous projects within Nursing Professional Practice as well as the New Nursing Development Program, supporting registration and virtual learning. The role will support a range of administrative activities supporting the office of student affairs. Role will require flexibility in work hours.
Rate of Pay: $22.32 per hour – $27.90 per hour
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours a week
- Successful completion of 2-year college diploma in Medical, Executive or Office Administration or as acceptable to the hospital
- Up to 2 years of recent, relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of confidentiality
- Has an advanced skill-set level in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the set-up of virtual meetings (e.g. WebEx and Microsoft Teams)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing workload demands with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, accurately and in a well-organized manner using above average levels of initiative and discretion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and outside agencies
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to LHSC’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a health review which includes providing vaccination records or proof of immunity against Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella (Chicken Pox). In addition, candidates will need to provide documentation of Tuberculosis Skin testing and a completed COVID vaccine series (two vaccines).
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that a reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory police information check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
London Health Sciences Centre