Full Job Description
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
To provide general operational and administrative support such as mail distribution, filing, photocopying, preparing correspondence and maintaining records requiring initiative and judgment. Departement : Mail Distribution. Union : IAMAW Clerical
Tasks and responsabilities
- Receive, deliver and pick up boxes, data, mail, parcels, etc. on a timely basis
- Process outgoing mail, packages, etc.
- Trace deliveries
- Arrange for pick-up and receive courier deliveries
- Verify and process invoices
- Prepare and maintain records of postage, registered mail, waybills, etc.
- Knowledge of postal regulations and Company mail handling procedures
- Work with minimal supervision
- Sort and distribute mail, correspondence and reports
- Retrieve/provide information for internal/external customers
- Answer telephones and greet customers
- Operate office equipment
- Process electronic mail
- Order and maintain office supply inventory
- Complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prepare correspondence on the basis of verbal or written instructions
- Operate specific department/Company software applications or mainframe programs
- Update and input data
- Prepare, maintain, update and revise files, records, reports, documents, manuals, etc.
- Assist in receiving, indexing and revising manuals or data
- Arrange travel and appointments
- Arrange ground transportation for internal/external customers, e.g. taxis
- Comply with Government Regulations, Company Policies, Collective Agreements and procedures
- May be required to perform other related duties which do not affect the nature of the job
- High School graduation
Skills and knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Minimum 1 year office experience
- Some positions may require lifting,
- Some positions require licenses, e.g. Driver’s, MOT, AVOP, etc.
- Some positions may require shift work and/or work staggered starting and stopping times
- Some positions may be required to perform receptionist duties.
- Some positions may be exposed to weather conditions.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Posted Just posted