|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Employee assistance program
Full Job Description
Province: Nova Scotia
City: Sydney River
Location: 95 Keltic Drive
Postal Code: B1S 1P4
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive salary and opportunity for salary progression
- Pension plan for PT and FT employees (eligible employees)
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan for PT and FT employees (eligible employees)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Store Incentive Plan (eligible employees)
- Inclusive work environment
- Career advancement
- Ongoing training & development
- Store Manager and Department Manager Training Programs
- Employee Discount
- Employee Purchase Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- Scholarship Program
- Air Miles® Reward Program
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Provide customers with friendly and professional service. Fulfill duties for all areas of the Deli/ A La Carte Department. Supervise the Deli/A La Carte Department and staff in the absence of the Manager. Actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Supervise Deli /A La Carte personnel in the absence of Deli Manager
- Promote an employee culture of coaching and development
- Complete customer deli/ a La Carte orders
- Merchandise Deli/ A La Carte Department service cases
- Prepare and merchandise Deli/ A La Carte programs
- Maintain sanitation standards
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Good work ethic and ability to multi task
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 12 months of experience
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.