$19.37 an hour
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
Full Job Description
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow’s leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today’s students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Click here to view our Team Member video!
Start Date: Aug 2022
Status: Full time and part time
Schedule: 4:30pm -11pm – weekends shifts 8am -3:30pm
Location: Huron College, London ON
Important Information: Previous cleaning/housekeeping experience required. Successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for keeping buildings clean and orderly, and performing heavy cleaning duties, including cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
As a Custodian/ Janitor, you will:
- Collect and dispose of trash following approved procedures and infection control plans
- Dust and damp mops floors following approved procedures
- Move equipment and furniture for proper cleaning and place furniture back in correct placement
- Clean assigned areas with the use of assigned materials and equipment. Sanitize all surfaces.
- Wash walls, windows, furniture, baseboards, and other items to maintain a clean, safe environment for patients, visitors, and staff
- Seek out areas requiring cleaning; take initiative to complete the task
- Complete all tasks assigned by supervisor
- Strip, scrub, buff and refinish floors, shampoo carpet
- Previous housekeeping/custodian experience is an asset
- WHMIS and BSW Certifications an asset
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the job
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact [email protected] for further information.
Posted 1 day ago