$17 an hour
Full Job Description
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Eurest Services? Imagine working in a place where talented people come together and share an unrelenting passion. Whether we’re providing solutions for a single site or serving a multi-facility organization, we take pride in every aspect of our work. No job is too big. No detail is too small. We’re more than an industry-leading provider, we’re an industry-leading team. Join us.
Start Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Schedule: 4:30 pm to 12:30 am (Monday to Friday)
Wage: $17 per hour
Location: Mississauga, ON, L5R 3T6
Important Information: Benefits available
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for keeping buildings clean and orderly, and performing heavy cleaning duties, including cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
As a Custodian/ Janitor, you will:
- Collect and dispose of trash following approved procedures and infection control plans
- Dust and damp mops floors following approved procedures
- Move equipment and furniture for proper cleaning and place furniture back in correct placement
- Clean assigned areas with the use of assigned materials and equipment. Sanitize all surfaces.
- Wash walls, windows, furniture, baseboards, and other items to maintain a clean, safe environment for patients, visitors, and staff
- Seek out areas requiring cleaning; take initiative to complete the task
- Complete all tasks assigned by supervisor
- Strip, scrub, buff and refinish floors, shampoo carpet
- Previous housekeeping/custodian experience is an asset
- WHMIS and BSW Certifications an asset
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the job
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact [email protected] for further information.
Posted 1 day ago