$28.99 an hour
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
Full Job Description
To be considered for this position, applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma or equivalent, as determined by the Corporation,
- Knowledge and experience in caretaking and cleaning duties,
- Ability to perform minor tool and building repairs,
- Basic mechanical knowledge an asset,
- Valid Class “DZ” License and good driving history,
- Valid Forklift License
- Good physical condition, able to do heavy lifting,
- Competency in computer operation,
- Good verbal and communication skills,
- Self motivated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains City Public Works and Outbuildings:
a) Performs general cleaning duties inside the building including the stockroom, lunchrooms and offices:
- dusts throughout the building,
- sweeps, mops and waxes floors,
- cleans washrooms,
- empties waste baskets,
- washes windows,
b) Performs maintenance duties in and around the building:
- minor furniture repairs,
- replaces light bulbs,
- shovels snow from sidewalks & building entrances,
- cuts grass and trims hedges,
- minor yard improvements.
2. Assists the Stockkeeper in performing the following duties, such as, but not inclusive of:
- order parts as instructed,
- parts runner as required,
- repairs tools,
- moves stock as directed,
- fills in for Engineering Custodian when on vacation/sick,
- receives and issues stock,
- takes fuel readings,
- assists with yearly stock inventory.
3. Works with minimal supervision.
4. Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
(a) Usual custodial conditions
(b) Subject to dirty conditions, odors from chemicals and heavy lifting.
(c) Works forty (40) hours per week and overtime as required.
Salary rate is $28.99 per hour as per Schedule “A” of the collective agreement.
Resumes and cover letters will be received online at https://careers.cityofwoodstock.ca no later than 4:00 p.m.* July 22, 2022.*
The City of Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.99 per hour