Full Job Description
Southeast Resource Development Council Corporation (SERDC)Health Services COHI program is seeking a motivated individual to fill the role of Community Dental Aide (CDA).
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry
|Get a Job in Canada
|Study in Canada
|Get a Canadian Student Visa
|Migrate To Canada
SERDC Health is accredited by the Canadian Accreditation Council to provide exceptional second level services to eight or more First Nation communities in Manitoba. We are community focused, community driven, and seeking an enthusiastic individual to make a difference in First Nations health.
- Work with the Tribal Dental Hygienist to deliver the COHI program in First Nation schools from nursery to grade2, daycare settings, Aboriginal Head Start on Reserve (AHSOR), nursing stations/health centers, and client homes.
- Apply fluoride varnish on the teeth of enrolled children ages 0-7years.
- Schedule appointments with clients for home visits, COHI screening days ,program presentations, and dental procedures.
- Teach basic oral hygiene methods to school age children in conjunction with fluoride varnish applications; provide instructions to parents/caregivers in basic oral hygiene methods for themselves and children in their care; provide oral health education at prenatal clinics, well baby clinics, AHSOR and daycare facilities, 1- 4 years-old screening clinics; and promote oral health in the community and workplace.
- Assists the dental hygienist with client dental treatment and dental clinic duties.
- Performs administrative duties including:
- Collecting COHI consent forms.
- Maintains the COHI Community Dental Record Book and program records and files.
- Records Dental Screening Forms(DSF).
- Dental Services Daily Records (DSDR) and client dental charts.
- Files client dental charts and program files.
- Submits program forms and client verification requests to the Regional Dental Unit.
- Builds community capacity by developing and maintaining effective working relationships with other community health care workers and managers, public health nurses, community leaders and staff at the daycare ,AHSOR and school; and supports the community volunteers or assists with delivering the daily tooth- brushing activity in the daycare, AHSOR and school.
- Ensures privacy and security of confidential client files and dental program documents.
- Participates in COHI training and continuing education sessions.
- Undertaking other tasks as assigned.
- Grade12 or equivalent.
- Demonstrate professionalism in all working environments, including social media, and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrate skills and ability to work on an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge, awareness and sensitivity to diverse cultures and traditions.
- Knowledge of and capability to apply Indigenous approaches in working with families and children.
- Excellent communication(verbal/written)and conflict resolution skills.
- Valid Emergency First Aid/CPR certification(or willingness to obtain).
- Capability to lift at least 50lbs
- Willing and able to travel as required to northern isolated and remote areas by car, plane, helicopter, boat, or snowmobile during inclement weather conditions, frequent overnight stays as required.
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License
- Ability to speak Ojibway would be considered an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search).
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check.
SERDC recognizes the importance of building an exemplary service delivery organization that is equal, inclusive, and reflective of the population it serves. Preference will be given to qualified SERDC or First Nation members who voluntarily self-declare in their application.
***Reasonable accommodation is available upon applicant request.
This is an indefinite fulltime position located in Winnipeg. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted 1 day ago