Full Job Description
Disbursement Associate, Reinstatement & Certificate Administration
Purpose of role
The Disbursement Associate is accountable for receiving, analyzing, calculating and processing disbursements; handling title changes (ownership, assignment and name changes), internal and external rollover of monies, and managing field and member inquiries related to these functions in order to satisfy our customer.
- Examine all relevant documents to ensure legal and contractual requirements have been met in order to proceed with the request.
- Input appropriate data onto appropriate system to generate worksheets and initiate the claim settlement cheque, transfer of funds and reactivations.
- Authorize issuance of settlement and/or rollover cheques in amounts up to $50,000.
- Complete any additional calculations required (i.e.: cash values, dividends, tax gains, withholding tax).
- Maintain pending file and undertakes follow up of any outstanding cases on a monthly basis.
- Set up loan repayments, investigate and calculate loan audits.
- Prepare new specification pages and makes any rider adjustments on partial surrenders.
- Apply external rollover monies to certificates, notify member and verify tax source of funds.
- Interpret all divorce decrees, bankruptcy, power of attorney forms to ensure validity of request.
- Process monthly dividend run and reminder notices.
- Assist and support other team members as required during vacation, absences and peak workload periods
- Achieve or improve on established SLA‘s while identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Answer inbound service related calls regarding all aspects of processing business with Foresters.
- Reach out to internal and external stakeholders as needed to retrieve outstanding requirements to complete transactions.
- Assist other teams within Operations as needed.
- Assist with user acceptance testing and projects when required.
- Quality review and provide constructive feedback.
- Related experience with knowledge of relevant state/provincial legislation.
- Strong computer skills; accurate keyboarding with good basic knowledge of Word, Windows and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organization skills and flexible to demanding workload.
- Knowledge of Foresters products.
- Excellent math skills and demonstrated experience in making calculations; good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated strong customer service focus within a team environment.
- Knowledge of Vantage system an asset.
- Participation in LOMA or other self development
- Ability to work rotating shift times between the hours of 8:00am-8:00pm, and provide coverage on some Canadian Statutory holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employment and Inclusion – at Foresters Financial, we are committed to sustaining an equal opportunity environment for all job applicants. We embrace Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (IDE) as a core strategic objective for building strong, innovative teams in which all our employees can show up wholly and authentically as themselves.
Foresters Financial strives to provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective employees with different abilities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodations during the recruitment process, please email
in advance of your appointment.
Thank you for choosing Foresters. Only those candidates who will be selected for further consideration will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition Team.
Foresters Financial Services, Inc.