Facility Cleaner I
How will you make an impact?
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With dedicated managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world while building a vibrant career!
What will you do?
Ensures that the common areas of the manufacturing facility and warehouse used every day are cleaned and sanitized within Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Performs daily cleaning of production, lab, warehouse, office, and washroom etc. as per the Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Daily upkeeps of general areas including dusting, window cleaning, and polishing of fixtures and brass, along with managing customer requests for cleaning, waste disposal, moving, replacement of lights, and other miscellaneous facility requests in a timely manner.
- Performs waste disposal and recycling services.
- Maintains exterior of the building including removing debris, sweeping of walkways, snow removal and salting of walkways during the winter season, and cleaning of the smoking area.
- Accurately signs all Good Manufacturing Practices cleaning records and documentation.
- Ensures regular replenishing of all facility dispensers including paper, soap, and production garments.
- Maintains the inventory of all cleaning and maintenance supplies.
How will you get there?
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
- A high school diploma/General Educational Development (GED) Certificate is required
- Minimum 2 years experience in a pharmaceutical or food-processing environment, preferably in a maintenance role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written). Ability to maintain accurate records of activities.
- Self-motivated and can work with minimal direction.
- In this role, it is essential to perform shift work.
- Proficiency in the English language.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or augmenting efficiency in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our distributed team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. We share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve sophisticated scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at ThermoFisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued!
Apply today! Please visit us at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Posted 1 day ago