$22.74–$26.43 an hour
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
Full Job Description
Please Note: If you are a current Algonquin College employee, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Department:Administrative Services (Pembroke) (Sarah Gauthier)
Position Type:Full-Time Support
Sc heduled Weekly Hours:36.25
Anticipated Start Date:August 22, 2022
Length of Contract:until December 22, 2022
Posting InformationThis job posting is now accepting applications from all qualified individuals.
Posting Closing Date:July 14, 2022
Please note: jobs are posted until 12:01 am on the job closing date.
***Please note that this position will be working on-site at Algonquin College’s Pembroke Campus***
***Please note that applicants must submit their application by the evening before the closing date mentioned above. The posting closes at 12:01am on the morning of the closing date***
To properly prepare, cook, store and serve all menu items, while maintaining order and cleanliness throughout the shift. Follow all proper food safety and Algonquin College Food Service procedures and policies. Offers exceptional, prompt and friendly service to customers ordering from the counter. The incumbent is responsible for opening and closing ensuring exceptional customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares all food required for daily service;
- Ensure all equipment needed for the day is clean and powered on for service; and
- Ensures fridges, freezers and counters are properly stocked.
Service and Operation:
- Prepares menu items as ordered by customers and ensures the accurate identification of same;
- Ensures proper temperatures are maintained throughout the shift for hot and cold foods;
- Ensures all food items are properly stored during the shift;
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment throughout the shift; and
- Ensures hot food cabinets and display areas are kept impeccably clean and tidy throughout the shift.
- Cleans and filters deep fryers on a scheduled basis;
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, walls, floors, grills, hoods on a daily basis;
- Reports any deficiencies with equipment to Food Services Coordinator in a timely fashion;
- Keeps glass and counter tops clean and free of debris at all times; and
- Ensures food dispensers and containers are changed and cleaned daily.
- Advise Food Services Coordinator of malfunction equipment;
- Provide customer feedback to Food Services Coordinator in order to continually improve the service;
- Responsible for assisting with cashier duties, stocking, cleaning and customer service;
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas;
- Maintain a safe work environment. Report and/or rectify safety hazards; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Up to High School or Equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience in running a kiosk in a commercial food service operation specializing in merchandising, food preparation, sales, cash systems, equipment and customer service; AND
- Food safety training certificate.
* This position is paid at Payband C
- Vacancy is for Position P18072
This job requires regular onsite work.
This position is subject to the terms of the Support Staff Collective Agreement: https://www.algonquincollege.com/hr/files/2019/04/2018-2022_college_support_ft.pdf
Algonquin College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process please contact the Human Resources department at [email protected] While we thank all those who apply, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Posted 1 day ago