$21.37–$24.82 an hour
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
Full Job Description
Please Note: If you are a current Algonquin College employee, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Department:Portable Feast, The Fix, & Tim Hortons (Amit Sethi)
Position Type:Full-Time Support
Sc heduled Weekly Hours:40
Anticipated Start Date:July 25, 2022
Length of Contract:n/a
Posting InformationEmployees who are full-time internal candidates, as defined by the Support Staff Collective Agreement, will be given first consideration.
Posting Closing Date:July 15, 2022
Please note: jobs are posted until 12:01 am on the job closing date.
***Please note that applicants must submit their application by the evening before the closing date mentioned above. The posting closes at 12:01am on the morning of the closing date***
The incumbent is responsible for friendly, efficient service following all Algonquin College Food Services and Tim Hortons operating standards, policies, and procedures. During frontline service they are to ensure proper handling of food and currency within the location by following all safety standards in the workplace. The incumbent is responsible for the ordering, receiving of orders, product rotation, and inventory counts. They will also be responsible for the food preparation, merchandising and monitoring of products while following set par stock levels.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Follows all guidelines and established par stocks when ordering, stock rotation, inventory counts, and receiving stock.
- Completes all required documentation including recording of waste, inventory counts, pre-rush checklists, cash management, and operational audits with manager.
- Provides efficient service at the kiosk including required baking and food preparation
- Keeps area of work clean, neat and sanitized including all equipment and food service work areas
- Maintains the service areas and showcase throughout the day ensuring the showcase is filled at the opening of the day
- Complies with and enforces all Algonquin College Food Services and Tim Hortons policies and procedures.
- Ensures all Food Safety procedures and regulations are followed within the kiosk.
- Communicates with Manager of the location and with members of the location on day to day operations.
- Assist in training new staff, provides guidance, and assigns tasks.
- Ensures floors, tables and chairs are properly cleaned throughout the day.
- Ensures proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment and work areas following all cleaning and maintenance checklists.
- Up to a High School diploma or equivalent;
- One (1) year related experience in a commercial food service operation specializing in merchandising, sales, cash systems and customer service;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi task;
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Ability to provide quick, efficient, courteous and tactful service;
- Ability to lift, bend, push, pull and stock a variety of merchandise.
Anticipated Weekly Schedule:
- Monday to Friday, 4:30am – 1:00pm
* This position is paid at Payband B
- Vacancy is for Position P18618
* This is a ten (10) month position with an annual lay off period of up to two (2) months.
* The position completes a 40-hour work week.
This job requires regular onsite work.
This position is subject to the terms of the Support Staff Collective Agreement: https://www.algonquincollege.com/hr/files/2019/04/2018-2022_college_support_ft.pdf
Algonquin College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process please contact the Human Resources department at [email protected] While we thank all those who apply, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.