Full Job Description
Responsible for setting up and maintaining glue machine, packing cartons, and sealing cartons of moulding for shipping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Fill cartons with moulding after weighed or counted by scale operator.
- Run carton through glue line to seal.
- Set up glue machine for proper box size per work order.
- Maintain correct amount of glue in glue pot to ensure complete bead on carton.
- Mark cartons to show Line Lead that this particular order is complete.
- Responsible for keeping accurate inventory of excess picture frame pieces.
- Clean and grease machine according to preventive maintenance schedule.
- Maintain level of quality and production consistent with established standards.
- Comply with established safety rules.
- Comply with company policy and procedures.
- Maintain constructive working relationships with co-workers, leads, supervisors, and managers.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with company policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned to the satisfaction of supervisor and/or lead.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Less than high school education, or up to one month related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Mental/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.