$16.33 an hour
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
Full Job Description
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow’s leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today’s students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Click here to view our Team Member video!
Start Date: Sept 2022
Status: Full time
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm
Location: Conestoga College, Reuter Dr campus, Cambridge ON
Important Information: Non-slip footwear and clear CBC required. Successful candidate will have excellent communication skills. Previous cleaning experience an asset.
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for heavy cleaning work including the cleaning of all hard floor surfaces, the cleaning of all surfaces that must be reached by ladder or scaffolding and the collection and removal of garbage from drop points to a garbage bin or compactor.
As a Heavy Duty Cleaner, you will:
- Dry mop, wet mop (wash/scrub) and polish hard surface floors. The washing/scrubbing of floors is done with handheld or walk-behind buffing machines.
- Strip and finish hard surface floors manually or with power equipment when required
- Transport garbage from drop points to garbage bins or compactor; operate the compactor and be responsible for cleaning the compactor on regular basis
- Transport maintenance machinery, where necessary, between floors and job sites
- Clean glass areas requiring ladders, scaffolding or other extension equipment to reach
- Clean washroom floors including washing, stripping, and finishing
- Clean stairwells and elevator cabs where ladders are required
- Wash walls, ceilings and dust ceiling light fixtures and ceiling fans
- Use pile lifting equipment to restore certain types of carpet
- Shampoo broadloom and uses extracting equipment to clean broadloom
- Comply with H&S regulations and company policies
- Previous cleaning/housekeeping experience is required
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Must be able to use cleaning equipment
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact [email protected] for further information.