$19.25–$20.87 an hour
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
We are a private, non-profit organization committed to providing top quality accommodations and care to senior citizens. We offer a variety of living arrangements to fit the needs of our residents including, long term care, supportive housing apartments, and wellness suites. We also have a strong mandate to meet their social, physical, health and spiritual needs.
We pride ourselves on our ability to really live our Mission of Excellence, Love and Dignity, both with residents and staff. We provide a work environment where teamwork, staff involvement and personal development are essential for success. Our staff, leadership, and Board are progressive thinkers and supportive of each other. We offer competitive benefits, excellent challenges, and opportunities.
Our Mission: To provide with excellence, love, and dignity a full continuum of housing and services to senior citizens. We serve seniors who wish to live in a community of Christian faith.
Job Posting # 2342
Radiant Care Pleasant Manor
Hourly Wage Range: $19.25 – $20.87
Posting Date: July 5, 2022
Please submit your application no later than Tuesday, July, 12 2022 at 12:00pm. Submissions after this deadline will not be accepted.
A Casual Housekeeping/Laundry Aide position is being offered in the Radiant Care Pleasant Manor Environmental Services department. The start date of this position is to be determined.
Qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of meeting the physical and mental requirements of the position
- Knowledge and experience in housekeeping operations and equipment used in cleaning and laundry process
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Knowledge of WHMIS and Fire Safety Procedures
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
This posting has been posted within Radiant Care Pleasant Manor and externally. Internal applicants will be given priority based on seniority. External candidate selection will be made based on interview. While we thank each applicant for applying, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Duties and Responsibilities
Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Receives assignment, assembles required materials and supplies, loads service cart and transports to work areas
- Performs housekeeping duties, cleaning tasks and assigned custodial duties ensuring the home environment meets physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of the resident
- Adheres to daily, weekly and monthly cleaning check off lists, workplace policies, audit sheets and routines
Performs duties including, but not limited to: floor maintenance programs, deep cleaning programs, waste management and transportation of clean and soiled linens
- Ensures daily, the neatness and cleanliness of resident’s rooms, common areas including but not limited to rooms and equipment including: furniture, clothes closets, mobility devices, tub/bathrooms, utility rooms and dining room
- Ensures privacy of residents during performance of duties
- Carbolizes room for new occupant following prescribed procedures
- Returns unused supplies, cleans and stores equipment
- Adheres to established department policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, safety, environment and infection control
- Transports soiled linen/laundry from various areas to the laundry room
- Washes, dries, folds and transports linen/clothing according to procedures
- Follows specific instructions for treatment of soiled linens
- Labels linen/clothing as required
- Cleans and maintains laundry area and laundry equipment
- Communicates equipment and supply needs and reports safety hazards
- Ability to use and maintain Laundry equipment, ensuring safe practice
- Effectively communicates with residents, staff and families
- Provides excellent customer service in a respectful, courteous and pleasant manner
- Works co-operatively with team members
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision benefits available for full-time and part-time employee
- Employer RRSP contribution
- Training in Montessori Methods for Dementia Care (Staging environments & engaging residents in meaningful and purposeful activity to enhance quality of life)
- Affordable access to our Fitness & Wellness Centre
- Full-time, part-time and casual positions
- Excellent work environment
- Our staff, leadership, and Board teams are progressive and supportive
For more information about our home, please visit our website at: www.radiantcare.net
Radiant Care is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during any aspect of the selection process, please let Human Resources know by phone at (905) 934-2548. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.