$2,961–$3,324 a month
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
Full Job Description
Staff – Non Union
Non Union Technicians and Research Assistants
Non Union Salaried – Laboratory Assistant
Transgenic Unit | School of Biomedical Engineering | Faculty of Medicine
2,960.58 – $3,323.92 CAD Monthly
Posting End Date
July 19, 2022
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the Posting End Date above.
Job End Date
Aug 28, 2023
Job Description Summary
To work within the Biomedical Research Centre specific pathogen free animal unit in dirty cage wash and clean cage storage sanitizing all cage components and related equipment. Operation of mechanical cage, rack and bottle washers in accordance to unit Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as well as guidelines defined by UBCs Animal Care Committee.
Reports to the Manager and works closely with all other members of the animal unit.
- Operates cage washer, autoclave, generator, bedding disposal unit, and bottle washer.
- Scrapes, empties, cleans and disinfects cages. Refills cages and water for autoclaving.
- Full room and equipment sterilization as required by the Unit SOPs.
- Receives and stocks food, bedding and cleaning chemicals.
- Performs other related duties as required (Maintains stock room, updates management on supply levels, liaises with students and PIs, waste disposal, works to maintain the SPF standard of the facility).
- Heavy lifting required ( up to a maximum of 25kg). Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
Failure to complete required cleaning and sterilizing protocols will result in contamination of the unit which will delay research results and publications and cause harm to the research animals.
Operate independently, checking with supervisor when animal welfare is in question.
May provide training and instruction to seasonal staff as required.
High school graduation or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prefer one year of related experience in a scientific research lab. Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines. Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment. Familiarity maintaining a clean and sanitary environment for animals.
Posted 1 day ago