Shift & Schedule
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Paid time offShow 1 more benefit
Full Job Description
Position Title: Machine Feeder (Entry-Level)
Pay Rate: $14.01 per hour (plus 0.25 cents per hour third shift differential)
Category/Shift: Hourly Full-Time 3rd Shift (OT and weekend work will be required at times depending on production schedule.)
152 Iodent Way
Elizabethton, TN. 37643
The Job You Will Perform:
- Makes ready, assists operator and assistant operator in maintaining corrugated manufacturing press machine in which you are assigned. (rotary die cutters, flexo folder gluers, labeler and folder gluer machinery)
- Observes and monitors machine operations to aid in detecting malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
- Feeding, catching and stacking corrugated sheets at machine feed and stacking stations.
- Assisting machine crew in order setups including setting heads, mounting of print plates and dies, maintaining safety, quality and required housekeeping standards.
- Ensures all orders are completed to specifications including “special instructions” if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by managers and or supervisors/shift leader which may include parts and hand assembly.
The Skills You Will Bring:
1. High School Diploma or GED preferred. Trade School and/or advanced degree preferred.
2. Two years or more experience in a manufacturing setting preferred. (corrugated manufacturing is a plus).
3. Ability to problem solve with minimal assistance.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, supervisors, managers, etc.
5. Basic computer skills (data entry, etc) and be able to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtractions, multiplications, division and use of a tape measure.
6. Comply with all IPs Safety rules and Quality policies and protocols at all times.
7. Ability to learn and understand machine line up.
8. Ability to understand/learn all operations of corrugated manufacturing.
9. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions given in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
10. Ability to understand/learn and accurately utilize KIWI for setup, run instructions and production times.
11. Must be dependable and reliable
12. Ability to work in an environment that is often hot in the summer and cool in the winter.
1. This position requires standing throughout your entire shift and moderate to heavy lifting at times.
The Benefits You Will Enjoy:
- Paid time off including Vacation and Holidays
- Retirement, pension, and 401k Matching Program
- Medical & Dental
- Education & Development (including Tuition Reimbursement)
- Life & Disability Insurance
The Career You Will Build:
- Leadership training
- Promotional opportunities
The Impact You Will Make:
We continue to build a better future for people, the plant, and our company! IP has been a good steward of sustainable practices across communities around the world for more than 120 years. Join our team and you’ll see why our team members say they’re Proud to be IP.
The Culture You Will Experience:
International Paper promotes employee well-being by providing safe, caring and inclusive workplaces. You will learn Safety Leadership Principles and have the opportunity to opt into Employee Networking Circles such as IPVets, IPride, Women in IP, and the African American ENC. We invite you to bring your uniqueness, creativity, talents, experiences, and safety mindset to be a part of our increasingly diverse culture.
The Company You Will Join:
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe. Net sales for 2021 were $19.4 billion. In Russia, we have a 50/50 joint venture, Ilim Group, the country’s largest integrated manufacturer of pulp and paper. Additional information can be found by visiting InternationalPaper.com.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.