Full Job Description
Req ID: 134872
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Northern Zone, Aberdeen Hospital
Department: OPNZ PERI Medical Device Reprocess ARH
Type of Employment: Casual Casual Relief (3% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Status: CUPE Support Position
Posting Closing Date: 8-Jul-22
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We’re on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there’s a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with an Nova Scotia Health role means you’ll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
About the Opportunity
The MDR Technician performs cleaning and sterilizing duties to meet the needs of the departmental customer; follow policies and procedures of the service and rotate throughout decontamination area, processing area and distribution area. Included in this area will be the make-up and distribution of case carts and other sterile item to both internal and external partners / clients within the health authority. Additional duties maybe assigned by the manager as deemed necessary. These positions include evening, nights and weekend shifts.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- High school graduation or equivalent required
- Enrolled or willingness to enroll in a recognized medical device reprocessing education program required
- Certified Medical Device Reprocessing Technician preferred
- Medical device reprocessing experience preferred
- Experience with instrumentation, medical knowledge and terminology, infection control and sterile processing practices, case cart make up, knowledge of pick lists will be required
- Knowledge of basic infection control and personal safety measures is required
- Ability to stand for long periods, lift trays and other articles of approximately 25lbs in weight, and the ability to move a rolling weight in excess of 50 lbs required
- Ability to set priorities and organize workload required
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills as well as the ability to work independently as required
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers and staff required
- Ability to hold in confidence all matters pertaining to MDRD, patients and staff is required
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for this position
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
Please ensure your resume is up to date and includes all relevant education, experience, training, and certifications.
- Casual Relief position
Compensation and Incentives
Once You’ve Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Support bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
As per the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Protocol in High-Risk Settings, Nova Scotia Health requires all team members to be fully vaccinated by November 30th, 2021.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotians, Persons of Colour, Immigrants/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify.
Nova Scotia Health Authority and IWK Health Centre