Full Job Description
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
What is the opportunity?
It’s always nice to be a part of a collaborative team. As a Payment Operator will be reporting to the Assistant Manager, Payments Processing. In this role, you are primarily focused on processing payments received manually and electronically into Funds Transfer System, as part of an essential business unit within Global Services.
What will you do?
- Assist timely and accurate processing and verification of payment s, as per hourly requirements, utilizing all available tools and resources i.e. SRF; Unit Directory; Broadcast Messages; CPA Banks/Trust/Credit Directories; co-workers etc. in strict accordance to SWIFT; LVTS.; CPA.; FED; CHIPS; Industry Guidelines; and RBC Policy.
- Work on all assigned queues are cleared to meet established deadlines and displays flexibility relative to working occasional overtime and supporting the US coverages as necessary, ensuring that operational, financial and reputational risk is mitigated through the prioritization of workflow and being aware of various cut-off times and associated responsibilities.
- Work to adhering the overall business KPI requirements of 12.5 per month and keeping errors to a minimum and Services to mitigate operational, reputation and business risk.
- Escalate any suspicious transactions to the Assistant Manager or Senior Officer within Payment Services.
- Work to produce 6.5+ hours of payments accordingly to daily benchmark and employees on Direct Drive must “consistently meet hurdle” of 36 credits/hr.
- Provide timely input and feedback to Management, or relevant service partner, in a continuous effort to improve quality and productivity i.e. Straight- through processing and avoid sundry losses/LOC and minimize operational risk by ensuring that the proper due diligence are followed according to procedures.
- Participate for the development of a continuous learning philosophy by enhancing competencies through self-development plans i.e. coaching; RBC Campus; cross-training; job-shadows; etc.
What do you need to succeed?
- High School Diploma; College Degree; University Degree or undergrad
- Foreign exchange trading and back office knowledge.
- Ideally candidate must be fluent with Microsoft office suite of products and be technologically independent.
- Knowledge of CPA, LVTS, SWIFT, RBC Express and BESS systems.
- In-depth knowledge of day to day Payments Processing procedures.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.