$38.72 an hour
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
Full Job Description
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community.
The West Vancouver Current Planning and Urban Design group is currently seeking a Permanent Full-Time Planning Technician to join our highly qualified team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Current Planning and Urban Design primarily working on current (development) planning initiatives and projects. The successful candidate will:
- answer enquiries and provide information to the public, developers, and other contacts regarding zoning, land use and related matters and communicate with applicants regarding municipal procedural requirements and applications;
- conduct analysis and preliminary review of development proposals in terms of their conformance to the Official Community Plan, other objectives, policies, and bylaws including the Zoning Bylaw;
- prepare written materials and recommendations for senior staff regarding development applications and enquiries;
- perform a variety of research tasks for planning projects including compiling and analyzing data, performing calculations, estimates, and projections; and preparing narrative, statistical and graphic reports;
- support more senior staff in community planning public engagement processes (from time to time), by coordinating event logistics, drafting communications materials, preparing graphic/visual presentations, and other related tasks; and
- perform other related duties as required.
The successful candidate will hold a University degree in planning, or with courses in planning, or in a related discipline (such as geography, architecture, the social sciences) and related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. They are also required to possess a valid BC Drivers’ Licence.
The successful candidate is required to supply a Police Information and a copy of their credentials. The successful candidate is also required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on WestNet.
Union (WVMEA) – Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Starting Rate of Pay:
$38.72 per hour
(This position has a pay structure with five steps which increase annually.)
11:59 pm on Wednesday, July 20, 2022
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
If you have any questions please contact us at [email protected]