BenefitsPulled from the full job description
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
Extended health care
Paid time off
Full Job Description
Who we are:
Reliable Controls is dedicated to reducing the carbon footprint of buildings around the world. Our team specializes in the design, development, and assembly of building automation controls and software programs.
We align ourselves with the right people and empower them in the right ways. An established company based in Victoria, BC, we nurture a strong culture of communication, trust, and collaboration. Embracing a work–life balance, promoting continuous learning, and celebrating our achievements are a few of the ways we show our enduring commitment to employees. Let’s combine our passions for building a greener future!
As a Production Assembler you will be responsible for the manufacturing of our full array of products. With an emphasis on achieving the highest levels of quality you’ll provide support to multiple areas of production in both Through Hole and Final Assembly departments, helping to meet our customer’s needs within effective and efficient processes to deliver in the most timely manner possible.
What we offer:
- Highly competitive extended health and dental plans for you and your family
- A yearly RRSP contribution on the company’s behalf, plus an employee contribution–matching program to help you grow your financial well-being
- An annual performance bonus
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your coworkers
- Free convenient parking, or choose our green transportation option and be paid for it
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights, and LAN parties to camping and skiing
- Free on-site gym for our Hallowell location residents or a substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role
- A rewarding career doing work that matters
We can create:
Solutions for building operators to enable the vision of Net-Zero Emissions by 2050. Help us get there.
In this role you will:
- Administer hand soldering of electronic assemblies.
- Maintain complete job tracking information on Production Apps.
- Prep and populate electronic components and circuit boards.
- Complete the Through Hole and Final assembly of our products in a production environment, adhering to our Product Quality guidelines and testing procedures.
- Complete the testing of our products in a production environment, adhering to our Product Quality guidelines and testing procedures.
- Conduct Through hole and surface mount inspection, while adhering to IPC and quality control practices.
- Process inventory transactions in a computerized accounting system.
- Plan area inventory.
- Communicate quality and manufacturing concerns to management.
- Complete run tracking documentation.
- Other duties as required.
You’ll have access to:
- An onboarding package to get you up to speed (at your own pace)
- A mentor
- A yearly training allowance
This role might be right for you if you have:
- Completed a Grade 12 education, College Diploma would be considered an asset
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the electronics manufacturing/ production assembly field
- Very strong hand/eye coordination, great manual dexterity
- Great attention to detail
- A positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- Ability to effectively perform under pressure in a high-pace environment
- Passion for creating high-quality products
- Flexible mindset, curiosity, and desire to develop and learn new skills
- Experience in operating SMT equipment would be considered an asset
- Experience with through hole and surface mount soldering and rework would be considered an asset
- Experience with through hole and surface mount inspection would be considered an asset
You’ll be successful in this position if you:
- Are an enthusiastic, innovative individual who cares about sustainability
- Look for ways to have a meaningful impact on your team’s work
- Are interested in using devices to control the physical environment, and you’re willing to learn about our products and industry
- Like a challenge and want to grow professionally
- Are patient and diligent; quality may take longer, but you know it’s worth it
- Value a healthy work-life balance; we don’t expect you to work overtime or weekends
At Reliable Controls, it’s not only the experience and skills we are seeking – the alignment with our values is of the utmost importance to us. Continuous improvement is vital to our organization and we are prepared to invest in our team’s future, not just their current abilities. Let’s connect, we would love to hear from you!
- LocationVictoria, British Columbia
- DepartmentProduction & Assembly
- Employment TypeFull-Time – Hourly
- Minimum ExperienceEntry-level