Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $48.5K – $61.5K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Mount Sterling, KY.
Report inaccurate salary
Full Job Description
City: Mt. Sterling State: Kentucky
Job Description and Responsibilities
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
This is responsible supervisory and technical work involving advanced technical expertise in supervision, administration of a departmental shift, injection molding, painting, welding, gluing, inking, decoration, and assembly of component plastic parts. Responsible to comply, enforce and uphold company policies as outline in the Team Member Handbook.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Supervises trains, evaluates, and disciplines shift of operations, utility person, set-up die setter, and other workers.
- Directs, instructs, and trains new and promoted employees, and monitors, evaluates, and corrects employee performance and behavior as necessary.
- Assures proper training of all hourly employees assigned to decoration activities, including proper training in safe operation of machines
- Investigates and implements disciplinary actions in accord with corporate personnel policies and procedures
- Audits and records quality and productivity of subordinates
- Assures compliance with all applicable departmental and corporate policies and procedures. Enforces all applicable rules and regulations of the company
- Plans, coordinates, and regulates work flow throughout department in accordance with SLMS
- Adjusts, calibrates and monitors machines to assure product control.
- Coordinates, assists, and reviews problems and changes with supervisors on other shifts, and collaborates with other departments as necessary to assure quality, productivity, and inspection procedures meet departmental, shift, and company requirements
- Coordinates and participates in company programs such as communications, job training, vacation scheduling, etc.
- Prepares reports, memos, schedules, and other supporting documentation as necessary
- Sets, troubleshoots, and adjusts, molds; samples and analyzes products from prototype and new production molds and products from repaired mold to assure conformance with quality standards and product specifications; recommends modifications to procedures to assure proper mold performance.
- Completes machine set-ups and changes to insure that product meets design intent and customer specifications.
- Insures that all daily process checks are completed accurately
- Complies with environmental health and safety system.
- Use Root Cause problem solving techniques to bring resolution to quality problems and prevent repeat quality issues.
- Completes housekeeping checklists
- Performs other duties as required or directed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
One year of related experience in a leadership role. Possesses the ability to train others for routine positions and gather information as demonstrated by a minimum score of 20 on the Wonderlic Personnel Test. Agreement to complete all post-hire required training.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
Mount Sterling, KY
Summit Polymers, Inc.