$4,102 a month
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry
|Get a Job in Canada
|Study in Canada
|Get a Canadian Student Visa
|Migrate To Canada
Full Job Description
8/5/2022 (8:00 PM EDT)
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME, ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 40.0 HR/WK
Education & Labor Cabinet | Department of Workforce Development
5659 Main Street
Thelma, KY 41260 USA
The Education and Labor Cabinet’s mission is to educate, prepare and train Kentucky’s current and future workforces. Our goal is to create and make continuous improvements to an education and workforce system that prepares Kentuckians for the 21st century workforce, while helping businesses find the skilled workers they need to compete and create jobs in the Commonwealth.
The Office of Vocational Rehabilitation empowers individuals with disabilities to maximize employment, achieve economic self-sufficiency and independence, and to contribute back to society. We also help businesses and employers recruit, retain and accommodate employees with disabilities.
We are seeking an Registered Nurse at the Carl D. Perkins Vocational Training Center to provide professional nursing services to patients in state facilities and may supervise Licensed Practical Nurses/Licensed Practical Nurse Applicants/Registered Nurse Applicants or unlicensed assistive staff in the implementation of nursing policies and procedures; and performs other duties as required.
This position will be assigned to 2nd shift.
- Provide nursing care to Carl D. Perkins Vocational Training Ctr (CDPVTC) consumers that includes but is not limited to administering physician prescribed treatment assisting the physician (per their orders) with physical exams. Preparing/administering medications, Monitoring blood pressure, pulse, etc.
- Supervise LPN’s, Patient Aides, and other Assisted Living Branch. Directly addresses performance issues as they arise and develop corrective action plans.
- Communicate with nursing staff, physicians, pharmacist, family members, Center staff, etc. Conduct routine nursing rounds, fire drills and room Inspections. Comply with and maintain proper Infection control procedures.
- Maintain medical records per CDPVTC/state/federal policy and procedures. Complete shift reports and other required documents.
- Assist with teaching, counseling, and follow-up with consumers to ensure CDPVTC consumers are as independent as possible with activities of daily living.
- Participate in the BeST Program (documenting behaviors and attending meeting, as needed).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Education and Labor Cabinet (ELC) participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. ELC will only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that ELC has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at 999-897-7781 or https://www.e-verify.gov/ .
EDUCATION: See Special Requirements.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: NONE
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: NONE
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: NONE
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): Must be licensed in Kentucky as a registered nurse or possess a valid work permit issued by the Kentucky Board of Nursing. Must maintain any required licensure(s), certification(s), or other credentials for the length of employment in this classification. Employing agency is responsible for ensuring employee possesses and maintains required licensure(s), certification(s) or other credentials.
Work is typically performed in a hospital or institutional setting. May be exposed to hazards such as caring for patients with infectious diseases. Must observe rigid guidelines to guard against these and other dangers such as radiation, chemicals used for sterilization and anesthetics.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Rhonda Adkins at [email protected]
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D