$17.97 an hour
Full Job Description
Start Rate $15.98, 520 Hour Rate $17.97, 1-Year Rate $19.97
# of Vacancies:
IMPORTANT: Bargaining unit members will be considered first for this position. Successful applicant must possess the skill, ability and knowledge required to perform this position.
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway’s proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
- Check climate control, lights and alarm clock; make adjustments to correct irregularities; ensure T.V. remote control is working; report broken items to the Main Linen Room Attendant;
- Ensure the compendium binder is up to date; draw shears;
- Check room supplies and replace items; empty trash containers; contact Room Service to remove any dishes;
- Strip and inspect beds and load soiled linen on cart; change bed pads if soiled and turn mattresses if worn in areas;
- Make bed according to the hotel standards including roll-a-way beds before removing;
- Clean glass surfaces such as mirrors and shower walls;
- Dust and polish furniture, fixtures and clean vents;
- Vacuum carpets, including moving furniture; report stains to the Housekeeping department;
- Clean/scrub and dry wash basins, fixtures, pipes under basins, shower heads, tiles, bathtub and toilets; replace toilet rolls and tissues;
- Sweep and wash bathroom floors;
- Replace soiled linens and provide supply of laundry bags and slips;
- Sign in and out for keys per Resort procedures and devices on issue sheets;
- Report and deliver items found to the Supervisor;
- Lock and secure doors when leaving the room to ensure the safety and security of guests and their belongings. Exercise confidentiality regarding guest personal information;
- Clean and verify status of rooms in a priority sequence, note discrepancies;
- Comply with Hotel Policies and Procedures and perform other tasks as assigned by management;
- Maintain a professional appearance as per company grooming policy;
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, positive demeanor and service etiquette at all times;
- Directly or indirectly provide for superior customer service and promote excellent employee relations with co-workers;
- Report room deficiencies to Supervisor;
- Clean Public Areas, deliver guest requested items to rooms and deliver linen as required;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- All employees at Casino Rama Resort are expected to:
- Comply with the duties of workers or supervisors, as prescribed by Section 27 or 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Comply with all applicable Casino Rama Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate a positive health and safety attitude to ensure Casino Rama continuously provides a safe entertainment destination for patrons and co-workers.
What You’ll Require
- Must provide a clean criminal history certificate on an annual basis;
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment;
- Reliable and dependable work ethic;
- Good verbal and written English communication skills;
- Good time management skills; must have the ability to multi-task in a busy, fast paced work environment;
- Ability to push a pull a cart (50lbs) safely and have the ability to maneuver in all directions;
- Ability to bend to floor level and demonstrate ability to reach and twist and stretch;
- Ability to safely bend at waist using proper knee bending and lifting techniques;
- Ability to pull the sofa bed pull out frame up and out using knee bending techniques and upper body strength and demonstrate ability to push and replace the bed frame safely;
- Must be able to frequently lift and move housekeeping supplies and equipment up to 50lbs;
- Must be able to perform essential duties that require frequent use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders and back to grip, carry, lift and bend;
- Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods (regular work shift 8 hours);
- Ability to use proper Personal Protective Equipment and cleaning supplies as per departmental standard operation procedures.
- French language skills (verbal and written) are an asset
- All employees at Casino Rama are expected to:
- Comply with the duties of workers or supervisors, as prescribed by Section 27 or 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Comply with all applicable Casino Rama Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and protocols
- Demonstrate a positive health and safety attitude to ensure Casino Rama continuously provides a safe entertainment destination for patrons and co-workers
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 7 days of the posting date. Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
**Gateway will post/recruit in accordance with the terms and conditions of applicable Collective Agreements
Gateway is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
To ensure that Casino Rama Resort is compliant with Provincial Regulations governing the age that you are able to enter/access a casino, no individuals that are under the age of nineteen (19) are permitted to access the Gaming Floor unless explicit approval has been received (i.e. hired as an employee). As such, we must conduct all interviews and meetings with applicant that are eighteen (18) years of age in either Casino Rama Resorts hotel or Kinoomaagewgamig Gii Teg (Administration Building). If this applies to you, please ensure that you are notifying the Recruiter associated with this job posting at the time of being offered to meet or being scheduled for an interview.
Posted 1 day ago