Full Job Description
Position Title: Sanitation Oper
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Grand Falls
Requisition ID: 17673
Job Title: Sanitation
Department: Grand Falls Fry Plant
Reports to: Sanitation Lead Hand Coordinator
Purpose: To clean the production line and surrounding areas
Training requirements: When selected to work in this area a senior sanitation that currently performs the job will train the individual. The training will last as long as it takes for the new employee to become adapted to the duties in that area. The current Sanitation Lead Hand Coordinator are responsible to estimate when this training has become complete and the new employee is capable of performing all tasks that are assigned.
- Responsible for use of PPE’s (personal protective equipment).
- Consideration for their own safety, and that of others while performing their job.
- Appropriate signage when using chemicals.
- Follow confined space program where applicable
- Each sanitation employee will be responsible for production line cleanliness, and other assigned areas as required.
- Maintain an acceptable level of cleanliness in their assigned area by use of a water hose and chemicals (after chemical training is received).
- Follow GMP’s.
- Advise supervision of any safety issues within their work environment.
- Actively looks for ways to improve plant sanitation.
- Actively look for ways to improve overall area operation.
- All other duties as assigned by Sanitation Lead Hand Coordinator.
- 2 hours in the morning cleaning and foaming the By-Line.
- Clean old packaging and dry storage.
- Clean around smoke shack.
- Clean all main doors in the plant.
- Pick up garbage inside and outside of plant at 6:00 am.
- Hose Inspection.
- Clean cement boarders and walls in packing.
- Wash waste totes.
- Wash all floors with floor scrubber and chemicals (if floor scrubber is broken, foam and brush with broom by hand).
- Wash pipes and railings and stairs.
- Do all jobs asked by other supervisors.
- Change chemical drums when needed; wash empty drums; remove labels and take them outside in right location.
- Complete scheduled daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
NOTE: This description constitutes the minimum requirements for the Sanitation position. Other duties may be assigned at Management’s discretion.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: NA Potato Manufacturing
Department: GF Potato Production
Location(s): CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Grand Falls
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)