Full Job Description
The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative (BCTFC) is owned by fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, employs approximately 500 employees, and operates multiple facilities. Representing over 400 growers, we market fresh tree fruits including, apples, pears, cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, prunes and grapes.
The Seasonal Forklift Operator is responsible for stacking and moving bins, loading or unloading packed fruit from the trucks, loading bins onto or off of equipment, and loading or unloading trucks (bins, supplies). All duties must be performed in a safe manner to ensure compliance with government regulations, industry standards and customer requirements to ensure both food and workers safety. This position is Seasonal Full-Time and will run from approximately August 1, 2022 for 4-6 weeks and is located in Creston.
The successful applicant will have the following key accountabilities:
- Follow all pertinent food safe and safe work procedures as required
- To load, unload, stack and move bins and pallets of packed fruit and supplies
- To load and unload trucks
- At times, nest bins and perform light bin repair duties
- Safe and efficient operation of the lift truck at all times
- Understanding the requirements of the job and maintaining records pertaining to the job
- Any other duties assigned within the nature of the job
The successful applicant will be qualified by possessing the following key attributes:
- Have valid forklift certification – this is mandatory and must be from within the last two years
- Have a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Have the aptitude to operate equipment and carry out general lift truck maintenance
- Meet all physical requirements based on the demands of the job
- Be able to communicate effectively with all employees and management
- Have a good work record and above average attendance
- Be comfortable working with and around machinery in a team environment
- Must be able to work all shifts as required
BC Tree Fruits thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. Visit www.bctree.com for more information on the cooperative and future employment opportunities.