Full Job Description
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
Service Associate, Voluntary Corporate Actions
What is the opportunity?
As a Service Associate for Corporate Actions under Canadian Wealth Management Operations, you will be responsible for reviewing and creating announcements for various corporate events for internal lines of business, including the vetting of primary and secondary external sources to ensure accuracy of all event details. In addition, you will be responsible for processing of mandatory corporate actions to client accounts as well as receiving instructions for elections on voluntary reorganizations. Your efforts are focused on the accuracy of capturing voluntary corporate event from various sources, and timeliness of publishing details for consumption by Canadian Wealth Management (CWM) and Capital Markets (CM) business lines.
What will you do?
- Responsible for accurately gathering corporate event details from various external primary and secondary sources (depositories, custodians, etc.) to mitigate operational and market risk.
- Actively monitor throughout corporate event life cycle to ensure any changes to details or expiry extension are captured and communicated to business lines in a prompt manner.
- Follow defined processes to ensure accuracy and timeliness of publication and notification of voluntary corporate event details
- Collaborate effectively with senior publishing officer and manager of corporate action publishing to escalate and resolve complex corporate events
- Processing of all mandatory corporate actions within CWM and CM client accounts ensuring accurate entries based on payment from depository.
- Receipt of elections for voluntary corporate events through workflow systems and processing of instructions in Broadridge in a timely and effective manner to mitigate market exposure.
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience in a in a fast paced, high-risk operations environment
- Experience with Wealth Management Canadian Operations workflow and processing systems including ServiceLink, Broadridge Terminal Services
- Completion of Post-Secondary Education
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Nice to Have
- Good understanding of functions of departments within Wealth Management Canada Operations (WMCO), as well as wealth management and capital markets lines of business
- Good understanding and/or experience with corporate action events and processes
- Good working knowledge of financial industry and securities
- Completion of Canadian Securities Certification
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.