BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Employee assistance program
Full Job Description
At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including: Fas Gas Plus, Pioneer, RaceTrac, Superpumper, Ultramar, Chevron, Esso, and ON the RUN.
We recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propels us forward. We’re also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our One Parkland team.
Position Title: Helper – Service Helper
Team and Location: Bancroft, ON
Reporting into the Service Supervisor, the Service Helper will provide support and assistance to the Service Technician as they work at different commercial and residential customer sites as well as at the branch. This role will provide you with a solid foundation for developing a career in the propane and fuel service industry.
- Assisting with the loading of propane and/or fuel tanks on trucks either by hand or with the use of the mobile crane with a team member.
- Aiding in the installation of propane tanks
- Trenching lines in the ground by hand and/or with trencher
- Assist Service Technicians with all other installation requirements, following industry regulations
- Assisting in the maintenance of a safe work environment for self and others
- Attaining certifications to perform minor functions (We will train!)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be physically capable of climbing up and down from a flatbed
- Must be mechanically inclined and capable of learning to operate small machinery
- Able to lift 60 lbs frequently
- Focus on safe work habits is a must
- Must have a desire to learn. Interest in obtaining a gas license is an asset
- Flexible working hours including overtime is required
- Participation in Parkland Pledge, an employee-driven charitable giving program.
- Our Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan, an annual bonus awarding your performance.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- Flexible medical and dental packages, a Health Care Spending Account, along with a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- An employee referral program – earn up to $2000 for your referral.
- A focus on healthy living through wellness initiatives and an annual fitness reimbursement program.
- Discount Programs and Educational Scholarship Programs for family members.
- A safety focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted. Please note:
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
- Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
- Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, drug and alcohol and/or Fitness for Duty testing.