Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $39.6K – $50.2K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Eastern, KY.
Report inaccurate salary
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
Full Job Description
QUALIFICATIONS:Valid certification as determined by the Kentucky
Department of Education, Division of Educator Licensure
REPORTS TO:Principal, Assistant Principals, Directors
JOB GOAL:To create a class environment favorable to learning and
personal growth; to establish effective rapport with
pupils; to lead students toward fulfillment of their
potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological
growth and maturation; to establish good relationships
with parents and other staff.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and terms of employment according to approved
EVALUATIONS: Performance will be evaluated in accordance with
provisions of the district evaluation plan.
Teaches assigned classes utilizing state and local programs of study adopted by the Floyd County Board of Education and provides other appropriate learning activities.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lessons plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and good citizenship needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
- Creates an effective and safe environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and learning centers.
- Identifies pupil’s needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems, including but not limited to development and implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEP) and Gifted Student Service Plans (GSSP).
- Maintains competence through professional growth activities as identified by individual or school needs.
- Administers assessments in accordance with district and state guidelines.Participates in faculty committees and the supervision of pupil activities.
- Reports to their respective classroom at least fifteen (15) minutes prior to the opening of school and remains at least fifteen (15) minutes after official closing time.
- Maintains reports and records required by regulations of the Floyd County Board of Education and Kentucky Revised Statutes.
- Monitors and addresses, if appropriate, student’s physical, emotional, and intellectual needs on an on going informal basis.
- Communicates challenging scholastic expectations in a clear, positive, continuous manner.
- Establishes and maintains standards of mutually respectful behavior.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relationships with students, educational staff, and parents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.