$2,587–$2,770 a month
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
Full Job Description
Staff – Union
BCGEU Okanagan Support Staff
BCGEU OK Salaried – Sales Attendant
Subway Sales Attendant (Front Counter)
UBCO | Front of House | Food Services
2,587.00 – $2,770.00 CAD Monthly
Posting End Date
July 31, 2022
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the Posting End Date above.
Job End Date
35 hour workweek – Monday to Friday (Sat & Sun off)
This position is ongoing full-time, sessional (recurring salaried contract each year with summer months off). Starting salary is $2,770 per month with annual increases.
The initial contract start date is mid-august, ending April 30, 2022. Subsequent contracts will run from August to April of each year.
Job Description Summary
Under the direction of the Food Services Manager, the Sale Attendant provides exceptional customer service to all clients of UBCO Food Services. This could include serving customers, taking payments and preparing food and beverages in either food service restaurants, residences or retail outlets.
Reporting to the Food Services Manager, the position interacts with other Food Services Staff as well as staff, faculty students and all other customers. Receives direction and guidance form the Senior Sales Attendant.
- Serves customers.
- Takes payments.
- Prepares food and beverages in food service restaurants, residences and retail outlets.
- Other duties as required.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
Poor customer service could negatively impact the reputation of UBCO Food Services.
Reports to the Food Services Manager. Takes day to day direction from the Senior Sales Attendant.
No supervision given.
Grade 10 or equivalent and Food Safe Level 1 Certificate. One year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must complete and pass associated specialized training program, if located in a specialized Skills Outlet (i.e. Tim Hortons, Subway, Starbucks, etc).- Ability to maintain cafeteria in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with internal and external contacts.
- Must be flexible and able to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work during peak periods; ability to multitask.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends