Full Job Description
Requisition ID: 168417
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail – Produce
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: British Columbia
Location: 9458 Parksville Thrifty
Postal Code: V9P 2H1
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Produce Supervisor is responsible to ensure a superior customer service experience by coaching, and developing friendly, well trained staff. The Supervisor will supervise the department and staff and act as the go to person in the absence of the Department Manager and Assistant. The Supervisor will foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Keep work area clean and presentable at all times
- Remain current with weekly and in-store specials
- Ensure accurate labeling of products through adherence to company pricing strategies
- Foster a shopping experience that engages customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales and profit
- Run, monitor and analyze sales data reports
- Monitor and ensure compliance with SOP, OH&S, food safety and other corporate initiatives
- Monitor execution of company inventory control procedures
- Lead department in accordance with company presentation standards
- Act as the departmental “go-to” person in charge of department, when required
- Recruit, train, develop, motivate and coach employees, and provide regular feedback to support the department leadership team
- Schedule and monitor breaks, back-ups, and other departmental activities
- Participate in the final inventory calculations
- Follow store lock-up procedures, when required
- Other duties as required
- Full knowledge of department operations and skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Available to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.