$20.97 an hour
Full Job Description
Support Service Aide
BC Children’s Hospital
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
This position performs the functions of cleaning, tidying and stocking patient and general rooms, cleaning, moving, and maintaining patient equipment, and distributing and collecting patient food trays, and supplies.
What you’ll do
- Maintain patient care areas and equipment by performing duties such as cleaning patient care equipment, reporting items in need of repair and delivering to service department; moving equipment from patient rooms and hallways such as parent and patient beds/cribs, IV pumps, commodes and wheelchairs to and from storage.
- Ensure patient care areas, procedure rooms, bedsides, unit rooms, hallways and other designated areas are clean and maintained by performing duties such as making all sleep surfaces and emptying garbage, sharps and linen containers.
- Stock and maintain supplies and equipment in nursing and patient care areas by drawing stock from department supply/utility rooms.
- Ensure that extraneous equipment and supplies are removed from bedsides and stored appropriately (including returning items to designated owners).
- Order and pick up supplies such as requisitions, mail, store items and unit specific laundry from various areas throughout the hospitals and ensures adequate amount of linen is on hand.
- Assist with moving equipment, supplies, etc., as needed.
- As required, strip and clean all counter tops, shelves, drawers, etc.
What you bring
- Completion of Grade 10.
- Six (6) months of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You also have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Operate related equipment.
- Organize work.
- Perform the duties of the position.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Wage: $20.97 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday; 1000-1800hrs
Requisition # 129896
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia. BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of July 15, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at [email protected] and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Posted 1 day ago