$18.26 an hour
Full Job Description
Posting End Date:July 7, 2022
Site:Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit:GD4 – Medicine CTU/Transplants
Job Stream:Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date – End Date:ASAP – Indefinite
Reason for Term: Medical Leave
Anticipated Shift: Evenings
Daily Hours Worked:7.75
Annual Base Hours:2015
Salary: $18.265, $18.813, $19.377, $19.958, $20.557, $21.174
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Patient Care, RN, RPN and/or LPN, the Unit Clerk acts as a member of the health care team, performing clerical, receptionist, and related duties as directed. The Unit Clerk demonstrates a commitment to the values, vision, goals, and objectives of the Region/facility/unit.
- Previous patient care experience preferred.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a recognized Unit Clerk training program required.
- Medical terminology required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Information and/or training will be provided within the probation period for the following:
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions).
- Regional, site and unit policies and procedures.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- Excellent command of the English language (both oral and written).
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- General administrative and secretarial skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to duties of the position.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to operate information technology equipment as required, e.g. fax, photocopier, computer, etc.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- Must be able to function effectively in a stressful environment with frequent interruptions.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Posted 1 day ago
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority