Full Job Description
At Cameco we understand the value of a diverse workforce and we embrace, encourage and support workplace inclusion and diversity. New ideas, perspectives, experiences, and expertise make Cameco stronger. We are committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the communities we operate in. Our vision is to create a culture where inclusion is the goal, and a diverse and representative workforce is our measure of success. Cameco is committed to providing an inclusive selection process, free from systemic barriers. support employment equity and encourage all members of underrepresented groups (i.e., women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of racialized groups/visible minorities) to voluntarily disclose. Cameco welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Position and Responsibilities
Reporting to the warehouse supervisor, you will be responsible for performing routine daily warehouse functions such as:
- Issuing materials from various warehouse facilities
- Shipping and receiving
- Inventory cycle counts
- Data entry
- Loading and off-loading of all general freight
- Other general warehouse duties as assigned
Temporary 6-month full time position.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Minimum of one-year related work experience in an industrial warehouse environment
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Fork lift and loader operator certification
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate computer (Microsoft office software knowledge) and organizational skills
- Must work a rotational work schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Experience working with SAP
- Previous training in first aid, WHMIS, and transportation of dangerous goods
Preference will be given to qualified internal applicants and Residents of Saskatchewan’s North.
Req ID #: 37987
Posted: June 30, 2022
Posting end date: July 21, 2022
Safety Sensitive Site
Cameco’s Northern Saskatchewan operations operate on a rotational schedule. Employees commute to the site by aircraft from designated locations in Saskatchewan.
The physical and psychological safety of our employee’s is a top priority at Cameco. We invite candidates to voluntarily disclose accommodation requirements, if contacted in relation to a job opportunity. Information received will be addressed confidentially and Cameco’s Workplace Inclusion and Accommodation Program document is available upon request. Successful candidates for all positions that will work at Safety Sensitive Sites or Safety Sensitive Positions must take and pass a Substance Test, which includes marijuana, as a condition of employment. Marijuana remains in a user’s system for about 30 days, so applicants who recently used marijuana recreationally should not expect to pass a substance test. Cameco requires all Canadian employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.