The primary objective of the Radiology Clerk job is to provide and execute services that improve the quality of the front desk and waiting areas that serve various modalities present within the imaging services department. The job’s duties include welcoming patients in a friendly and courteous manner and placing an armband on patients upon arrival to the department.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR THE RADIOLOGY CLERK JOB
- The employee welcomes patients in a friendly and courteous manner and puts an identification band on their arm when they arrive at the department. They inform the assigned imaging services modality about the patient’s arrival and arrange the patient’s schedule for any additional tests that may be required. The employee ensures that the patient completes all necessary forms and scans any relevant consent forms into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- The individual will be responsible for answering incoming telephone calls, making outgoing calls, and directing calls to the appropriate departments. They will also contact patients to obtain necessary pre-screening information for testing and make pre- and post-calls for all modalities within Imaging Services as needed.
- Determines the number of imaging services provided to a patient by utilizing a Radiology Information System/Electronic Medical Record (RIS/EMR).
- Monitors laser printers to ensure that printing is completed according to the schedule.
- Cleans the assigned modality area by dusting, disinfecting, and deodorizing.
- Reports any computer downtime or equipment malfunctions to the appropriate modality supervisors or team members.
- Type physician copies of the imaging services reports and distributes them as required.
EDUCATION/LICENSE/CERTIFICATION/OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR THE RADIOLOGY CLERK JOB
Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and can accurately type at least 35 words per minute.
|Move to Canada Through Express Entry||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Job in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Study in Canada||APPLYNOW|
|Get a Canadian Student Visa||APPLYNOW|
|Migrate To Canada||APPLYNOW|
This job requires one to three months of experience or training in a medical office setting.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT FOR THE RADIOLOGY CLERK JOB
- works indoors in an office or clinic
- Usually, there is a moderate amount of noise.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS FOR THE RADIOLOGY CLERK JOB
- Required to be stationary behind a computer all the time.
- Moving around the department is frequently necessary.
- Required to speak with coworkers and customers on the phone and in person regularly.
- Required to use a phone and a computer constantly.
- Required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds regularly.
- Up to 25 pounds must frequently be lifted and/or moved.
- Necessary to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Commonwealth Retirement Office Manager Job in Canada
Our company is committed to providing our clients with the highest level of service and our employees with a supportive and collaborative work environment. In that case, we encourage you to apply today for the Radiology Clerk Job At King’s Daughters Medical Center.